Lindaland
  Interpersonal Astrology
  saturn contacts in synastry (Page 1)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   saturn contacts in synastry
cchampliss2
unregistered
posted March 21, 2015 11:04 PM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hello all. Quick question. When saturn contacts a personal planet in synastry, but it's only one sided, does the personal planet person feel a sense of duty or obligation too or just the saturn person?

For example: if my saturn was actually in an easy aspect to someone's venus. Like a saturn trine venus. Do both feel bonded in some way? Or is it just on the saturn person?

IP: Logged

Iced8Ace
Knowflake

Posts: 263
From: CA
Registered: Aug 2014

posted March 23, 2015 02:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Iced8Ace     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The planet person feels obligated to the saturn person. It is mutual obligation. Both are bonded, Saturn gives the lesson and the planet person receives it. I will give two examples.

Ex. 1: Say A is Venus trine B's Saturn. B is supportive, a "safety net" emotionally and sometimes financially and helps A. A feels very safe and taken care of by B, who is consistent. There is a sense of going somewhere together. Growth and stability = potential long term relationship.

Ex. 2: Say A is Moon square B's saturn. B wants A to act more mature, so B withdraws, acts coldly and tells A to "grow up" emotionally. B does not acknowledge or really support A emotionally, at least not properly. A however, *needs* B because A feels like they owe B emotional support, (because B makes A's emotions seem inferior and thus something to "work on") yet A cannot reach B who is cold because A is now fearful of emotional rejection. So A stays out of obligation and never really gets what it needs. B remains cold until A learns it's "lesson" (which A is not equipped to even learn btw!)

Avoid Ex. 2 at all costs. Ex.1 is obviously mutually beneficial.

IP: Logged

cchampliss2
unregistered
posted March 23, 2015 04:18 AM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thank you very much! That's an excellent example!

IP: Logged

LeeLoo2014
unregistered
posted March 23, 2015 10:24 AM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have a different view. When you activate someone's Saturn in synastry, you activate their sense of duty, responsibility, parental side, the critique, their needs for long-termness etc. On the bad side, you may trigger their "rejection" side ("I don't want a long-term with this", "I just realized what I want long-term, and it's not this person")

But the energy can be activated both ways, by mirroring: for example, you trigger someone's Saturn, which makes you see their serious side, in exchange you become aware of your own serious side.

------------------
I seem to have loved you in numberless forms...

LeeLoo's Esotericorner

IP: Logged

Iced8Ace
Knowflake

Posts: 263
From: CA
Registered: Aug 2014

posted March 23, 2015 04:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Iced8Ace     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You're welcome!

IP: Logged

cchampliss2
unregistered
posted March 23, 2015 06:07 PM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeeLoo2014:
I have a different view. When you activate someone's Saturn in synastry, you activate their sense of duty, responsibility, parental side, the critique, their needs for long-termness etc. On the bad side, you may trigger their "rejection" side ("I don't want a long-term with this", "I just realized what I want long-term, and it's not this person")

But the energy can be activated both ways, by mirroring: for example, you trigger someone's Saturn, which makes you see their serious side, in exchange you become aware of your own serious side.


turn.

IP: Logged

ChildofVenus
Knowflake

Posts: 1825
From: Customer Service Rep.
Registered: Apr 2015

posted August 24, 2017 05:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ChildofVenus     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeeLoo2014:
I have a different view. When you activate someone's Saturn in synastry, you activate their sense of duty, responsibility, parental side, the critique, their needs for long-termness etc. On the bad side, you may trigger their "rejection" side ("I don't want a long-term with this", "I just realized what I want long-term, and it's not this person")

But the energy can be activated both ways, by mirroring: for example, you trigger someone's Saturn, which makes you see their serious side, in exchange you become aware of your own serious side.



The part where you mention that when you activate someone's Saturn in synasty you
activate their sense of duty, responsibility, parental side, the critique, their needs for long-termness etc.I can say that this is true in my case being the Saturn person.

IP: Logged

manderin
Knowflake

Posts: 542
From: New York, NY USA
Registered: Nov 2013

posted August 26, 2017 07:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for manderin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I agree with Leeloo. It's the Saturn person that generally feels the duty more.

It's been my observation that when one person's Saturn is activated by several personal planets in a synastry, they are usually the more loyal partner. And by loyal I mean more in the sense of- much less likely to leave the relationship. Saturn generally is the one that very much wants the glue to be there for the couple.

IP: Logged

ChildofVenus
Knowflake

Posts: 1825
From: Customer Service Rep.
Registered: Apr 2015

posted August 26, 2017 07:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ChildofVenus     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manderin:
I agree with Leeloo. It's the Saturn person that generally feels the duty more.

It's been my observation that when one person's Saturn is activated by several personal planets in a synastry, they are usually the more loyal partner. And by loyal I mean more in the sense of- much less likely to leave the relationship. Saturn generally is the one that very much wants the glue to be there for the couple.


This is very true it's hard being the Saturn person.

IP: Logged

Rosalind
Knowflake

Posts: 3770
From:
Registered: Mar 2011

posted August 27, 2017 09:57 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rosalind     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cchampliss2:
Hello all. Quick question. When saturn contacts a personal planet in synastry, but it's only one sided, does the personal planet person feel a sense of duty or obligation too or just the saturn person?

For example: if my saturn was actually in an easy aspect to someone's venus. Like a saturn trine venus. Do both feel bonded in some way? Or is it just on the saturn person?


say thanks to heaven its a one sided connection. You dont want a double way one in tight aspect.

IP: Logged

ChildofVenus
Knowflake

Posts: 1825
From: Customer Service Rep.
Registered: Apr 2015

posted August 27, 2017 11:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ChildofVenus     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosalind:
say thanks to heaven its a one sided connection. You dont want a double way one in tight aspect.

You really have negative thoughts about Saturn in synastry. You don't mention any of the positive things about Saturn connections only all of the negative points.

IP: Logged

Rosalind
Knowflake

Posts: 3770
From:
Registered: Mar 2011

posted August 27, 2017 12:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rosalind     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChildofVenus:
You really have negative thoughts about Saturn in synastry. You don't mention any of the positive things about Saturn connections only all of the negative points.

Because there are no positive things about this aspect in synastry.

IP: Logged

ChildofVenus
Knowflake

Posts: 1825
From: Customer Service Rep.
Registered: Apr 2015

posted August 27, 2017 12:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ChildofVenus     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosalind:
Because there are no positive things about this aspect in synastry.

That's just your opinion doesn't make it a fact. I guess just because you feel this way other peoples opinions or thoughts are wrong?

IP: Logged

Rosalind
Knowflake

Posts: 3770
From:
Registered: Mar 2011

posted August 27, 2017 12:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rosalind     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChildofVenus:
That's just [b]your opinion doesn't make it a fact. I guess just because you feel this way other peoples opinions or thoughts are wrong? [/B]

Its NOT JUST my opinion. Do some research.

IP: Logged

ChildofVenus
Knowflake

Posts: 1825
From: Customer Service Rep.
Registered: Apr 2015

posted August 27, 2017 12:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ChildofVenus     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosalind:
It NOT JUST my opinion. Do some research.

I have done plenty of research and not everything I've read about this aspect is negative. There are some good things that I have read in regards to this as well. If it was all bad like you say I don't think other people would have anything positive to say. Do you not see the other comments? Are they all negative?

IP: Logged

Rosalind
Knowflake

Posts: 3770
From:
Registered: Mar 2011

posted August 27, 2017 12:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rosalind     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChildofVenus:
I have done plenty of research and not everything I've read about this aspect is negative. There are some good things that I have read in regards to this as well. If it was all bad like you say I don't think other people would have anything positive to say. Do you not see the other comments? Are they all negative?

What you read on this forum is not the only thing you can read about. Expand your vision.

And do me a favor. Bring some solid arguments when you adress me. I am not a person who can be convinced easily.

IP: Logged

ChildofVenus
Knowflake

Posts: 1825
From: Customer Service Rep.
Registered: Apr 2015

posted August 27, 2017 12:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ChildofVenus     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosalind:
What you read on this forum is not the only thing you can read about. Expand your vision.

I don't only read things on this forum. The positive things I've read about this aspect was not found on this forum.

IP: Logged

Rosalind
Knowflake

Posts: 3770
From:
Registered: Mar 2011

posted August 27, 2017 12:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rosalind     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChildofVenus:
I don't only read things on this forum. The positive things I've read about this aspect was not found on this forum.

Bring some examples. Help the poor girl understand.

IP: Logged

ChildofVenus
Knowflake

Posts: 1825
From: Customer Service Rep.
Registered: Apr 2015

posted August 27, 2017 12:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ChildofVenus     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosalind:
Bring some examples.

You obviously haven't done much of any research. Because you would know already go read about it yourself. With an open mind instead of just dwelling on the negative aspects. I don't need anyone to show any examples I've actually read about this aspect myself. Maybe you shouldn't be so one track minded. You want everyone to agree with you and ignore anything that's positive.

IP: Logged

Rosalind
Knowflake

Posts: 3770
From:
Registered: Mar 2011

posted August 27, 2017 12:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rosalind     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChildofVenus:
You obviously haven't done much of any research. Because you would know already go read about it yourself. With an open mind instead of just dwelling on the negative aspects.

*Rolling on the floor laughing*

I just hope you are kidding me. Seriously now.

IP: Logged

ChildofVenus
Knowflake

Posts: 1825
From: Customer Service Rep.
Registered: Apr 2015

posted August 27, 2017 12:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ChildofVenus     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosalind:
*Rolling on the floor laughing*

I just hope you are kidding me. Seriously now.



You want people to only listen to you and what you have to say. And ignore any other input other people give. Just because you state your opinion doesn't make it a fact. Other people have their own opinions. What makes your opinion better than other peoples opinions?

IP: Logged

Rosalind
Knowflake

Posts: 3770
From:
Registered: Mar 2011

posted August 27, 2017 12:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rosalind     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChildofVenus:

You want people to only listen to you and what you have to say. And ignore any other input other people give. Just because you state your opinion doesn't make it a fact. Other people have their own opinions. What makes your opinion better than other peoples opinions?

Excuse me, do you have a problem with me? I feel attacked. I am not allowed to post on the forum or what?

IP: Logged

ChildofVenus
Knowflake

Posts: 1825
From: Customer Service Rep.
Registered: Apr 2015

posted August 27, 2017 01:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ChildofVenus     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosalind:
Excuse me, do you have a problem with me? I feel attacked. I am not allowed to post on the forum or what?

You come across as a negative Nancy do you have anything positive to say?

IP: Logged

Rosalind
Knowflake

Posts: 3770
From:
Registered: Mar 2011

posted August 27, 2017 01:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rosalind     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChildofVenus:
You come across as a negative Nancy do you have anything positive to say?

What is your problem? I asked. What are you doing on this forum? Chasing people who share the same views as you? Or people with only positive thoughts? Sorry to disappoint you girl but you need to anchor yourself in the reality. Not everyone is the same.

IP: Logged

ChildofVenus
Knowflake

Posts: 1825
From: Customer Service Rep.
Registered: Apr 2015

posted August 27, 2017 01:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ChildofVenus     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosalind:
What is your problem? I asked. What are you doing on this forum? Chasing people who share the same views as you? Or people with only positive thoughts? Sorry to disappoint you girl but you need to anchor yourself in the reality. Not everyone is the same. Yeah that's right not everyone is the same. So don't expect everyone to agree with you when you say there is nothing positive about this aspect.


Another person asked a question about this aspect. They asked how does it feel if it's only one persons Saturn who is making aspects to the other persons personal planets. You commented saying they should be glad it isn't a double whammy. And why is that? Basically you are saying that there is NOTHING positive about this aspect. When we all know that isn't the true.

Saying things like men shouldn't be with or should avoid a woman who's Saturn conjuncts his Moon is insane. So that's basically telling women to not date a particular guy if her Saturn conjuncts his Moon. Does that really make sense? What if a man actually likes having a woman around for stability?

IP: Logged


This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are Eastern Standard Time

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Linda-Goodman.com

Copyright 2000-2017

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46a