posted September 09, 2005 04:29 PM
Originally i had posted it in the Labors of Love section... but i thought that it would fit here better:
25 STEPS TO CHOOSING YOUR VOCATION ASTROLOGICALLY
1) Planets in the tenth house. A planet nearest to the MC takes precedence over those further away, though this general rule is subject to a number of modifications that will be explained in its proper place
2) A planet in the ninth house, but 5 degrees of the tenth, has both, a tenth house and ninth house influence and should be treated as if it were in the tenth. A planet in the eleventh house as well (5 degrees of the tenth) also has the influence of the tenth; but this is weaker than those in the 10th or ninth cusp. Examine the sign on the cusp, its ruler, the sign and house in which the ruler is found.
3) Next, look for any planet that exactly aspects the MC. If none, then the planet or planets configure with it by platic (inexact) aspect, if within 5 degrees of orb.
4) If Saturn, has not already appeared in any of the above 3 conditions, he should next be considered as he is the normal planetary ruler of the 10th house (MC). Examine the sign he is in.
5) If Capricorn has not similarly appeared, this sign is now up for consideration, together with any planets occupied in it. Capricorn being the normal 10th house sign ofcource.
This exhausts the 10th house factors. We must now look to the 6th house and its affiliates. The sixth house governs employment, while the tenth is considered the nature of the occupation. In the horoscope of an employee the sixth house represents his employers (and vice-versa)
"A good servant makes a good master... just as ... A good master makes a good servant."
The above saying is literally true astrologically. The same factors largely, but not wholely, govern both.
6) Take the planets in the sixth (and the fifth and seventh within a 5 degree orb of the sixth) in the same way as described in step "1)"
7) Take the sign on the cusp of sixth as in step "2)". However, planets aspectomg the cusp of the sixth as in rule "3)" have no influence and should be disregarded.
8) If Mercury has not appeared in the above,then he is up for consideration as he is the normal ruler of the sixth. Follow step "4)", substituting Mercury for Saturn.
9) The sign Virgo rules employment as Capricorn rules occupation. Follow step "5)" substituting Virgo for Capricorn
Next on the adgenda is the Second House, which has to do with Money, Gain, Profit and Loss.
10) Follow step "1)", substituting Second for Tenth house.
11) Follow step "2)" similarly . Step "3)" is ignored in the case of the second house.
12) If Venus has not appeared yet, she should now be taken into consideration as she is the normal ruler of the second house. Follow step "4)" substituting Venus for Saturn.
13) Follow step "5)" substituting Taurus for Capricorn.
14) Now carefully note down all the aspects between the planets concerned with the 10th, 6th and 2nd house; also the planets in Capricorn, Virgo, and Taurus; finally between, Saturn, Mercury, and Venus.
15) Examine the planet rising closest to the Ascendant.
16) Locate the ''Best Planet" in the horoscope. (i.e. the planet that is most strongly placed by Sign, House, Elevation. With more favorable and less adverse aspects)
Now to see whether we're boss or executive material
17) Examine the Constitutional groupings of the planets (Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable). For greatest success in one's own enterprise, there should be a preponderance of the planets and angles in Cardinal Signs.
18) How many planets are "Accidentally Dignified"? (in the 1st, 4th, 7th or 10th house)
19) For high executive postions in employ of others, but not calling for "Ultimate Decisions", there should be a preponderance of the planets in Fixed Signs.
20) In connection with step "19)", for best results, Succedent houses should be well occupied. How many planets are Succedentaly placed? (2nd, 5th, 8th or 11th house)
Now we takle the scope of Partnerships.
21) Planets in the seventh house. Follow step "1)"
22) Sign on the cusp of the seventh. Follow step "2)" and disregard step "3"
23) Venus rules the seventh as well. As she has already been analyzed in relation to the Second house, note her position and aspects again for seventh house consideration.
24) Follow step "5)" substituting Libra for Capricorn
25) To choose a partner, analyze both horoscopes in synastry as well as in composite matches.
KEYWORDS: Authority, Rule, Command, Power, Importance, Dignity, Government, Gold.
VOCATIONS: Bankers, Presidents, Foremen, Department Heads, Stock Exchange Workers, Stock Speculators, Investment Bankers, Occupations Involving Children, Jewellers, Workers in Gold and Amber, Heart Specialists, Impresarios, Entertainment Directors, Gin Manufacturers, Lion Tamers, Spotlight Operators, Orange Growrs, Park Keepers, Playground Directors, Theater Owners and Managers, Walnut Growers.
KEYWORDS: Change, Women, Liquids, Real Estate, The Public, The Secondary, The Temporal
VOCATIONS: Travelling Men, Sailors, Nurses, Fishermen, Liquor Dealers, Laundry Proprietors and Workers, Cabbage and Cauliflower Growers, Chicken Fanciers, Cheese Manufacturers, Bath House Proprietors, Bakers, Boat Owners, Brewery Workers, Brewers, Dairy Farmers, Dairies, Household Help, Poultry Raisers, Chinaware and Glassware Manufacturers, Melon Growers, Midwives, Milkmen, Mushroom Growers, Obstetricians, Plastic Artists, Restaurant Proprietors and Workers, Tavern and Taproom Owners and Helpers, Waiters, Waitresses, Watchmen.
KEYWORDS: The Mind, Mentality, Memory, Transportation, Documents, Writing, Teaching, Intellect.
VOCATIONS: Clerks, Accountants, Bookkeepers, Writers, Teachers, Lecturers, Orators, Secretaries, Mail Carriers, Bus Drivers, Train Conductors, Architects, Authors, Acoustic Experts, Bee Keepers, Book-Binders, Actuaries, Correspondents, Typists, Interpreters, Recorders of Deeds, Diplomats, Dietitians, Errand Boys, File Clerks, Retail Grocers, Governesses, Handwriting Experts, Information Clerks, Jugglers, Reporters, Messengers, Merchandise Managers, Buyers, Salesmen, Nerve Specialists, Paper Manufacturers, Editors, Notaries Public, Publishers, Stenographers, Storekeepers, Stationers, Printers, Doctors, Healers, Radio Announces, Telephone Operators.
KEYWORDS: Love, Beauty, Arts, Young Women and Girls, Music, The Fine Arts, Adornment, Money.
VOCATIONS: Artists, Musicians, Singers, Actors, Toilet Accessory Makers, Cosmeticians, Beauticians, Florists, Women's Apparel Manufacturers, Maids, Candy Manufacturers, Dry Goods Stores, Entertainers, Furniture Manufacturers and Dealers, Hotel Keepers and Workers, Bee Keepers, Landscape Gardners, Interior Decorators, Social Secretaries, Throat Specialists, Perfume Manufacturers, Peach Growers, Society Editor, Amusement Concessionaries, Art Museum Curators, House Painters and Paperhangers, Photographers, Engravers, Illustrators, Cashiers, Tellers, Capitalists, Pursers, Money Lenders.
KEYWORDS: Fires, Quarrels, Energy, Metals, Initiative, Effort, Pain, Weapons.
VOCATIONS: Soldiers, Army Officers, Pugilists, Assayers, Surgeons, Gun Makers, Butchers, Iron and Steel Workers, Dentists, Barbers, Armament Makers and Workers, Metal Workers, Carpenters, Executives, Firemen, Policemen, Guards, Hardware Manufactureres and Dealers, Implement Makers, Locksmiths, Lumberjacks, Mechanics, Machinists, Stock Raisers, Wrestlers, Occupations connected with things made by Fire.
KEYWORDS: Abundance, Spirituality, Religion, Prosperity, Affluence, Wealth, Law, Publications, Voyages or Long Journeys.
VOCATIONS: Lawyers, Clergymen, Editors, Publishers, Advertising Agents, Ad-Writers, Judges, Woolen Merchants, Wholesale Grocers, Aldermen, Appraisers, Bond Salesmen, Cashiers, Capitalists, Doctors (Phd's of Divinity, Literature, Law or Philosophy), Pursers, Financiers, Jockeys, Horse Trainers, Racing Stable owners and workers, Law-Court Attaches, Writers for Publication, Sporting Goods Manufactureres and Dealers, Guides, Chiropodisits, Shoe Manufactueres and Dealers, Shoe Workers.
KEYWORDS: Hardships, Delays, Obstacles, Difficulties, Misfortunes, Poverty, Hard Labor, Tradition, The Well-Established, The Practical, Real Estate, The Old, The Conservative.
VOCATIONS: Miners, Real Estate Dealers, Farmers, Funeral Home Owners and Workers, Excavators, Builders, Contractors, Bricklayers, Gardners, Tanners, Dealers in Hides, Leather Goods Manufacturers and Dealers, Coal and Ice Dealers, Watch and Clock Makers and Repairs, Laborers, Tombstone Makers, Efficiency Experts, Priests, Monks, Nuns, Sextons, Timekeepers, Farm Hands, Grain Dealers, Plumbers, Night Workers, Night Watchmen, Underground Workers.
KEYWORDS: The New, The Unusual, The Surprising, Sudden Happenings, Inventions, Advanced Thought.
VOCATIONS: Scientists, Inventors, Astrologers, Occultists, Faith Healers, Chiropractors, Clairvoyants, Aviators, Automobile Racers and Manufacturers and Dealers, Auto and Airplane Mechanics, Electricians, Radio Manufacturers and Dealers, Radio Announcers, Movie Producers, Movie Theater Owners, Garbage Proprietors, Research Workers, Social Service Workers, Telephone Operators, Lighting Specialists, Psychotherapists, Nerve Specialists, Motormen,Metaphysicians, X-Ray Workers, Electrical Appliance Manufacturers and Dealers, Instrument Manufacturers and Dealers, Telegraphers, Lectureres, Engineers.
KEYWORDS: The Mysterious, The Subtle, The Obscure, The Secret, The Sea, Imagination
VOCATIONS: Poets, Mind Readers, Musicians, Occult Writers, Pharmacists, Chemists, Naval Officers, Oil Workers, Oil Well Operators, Filling Station Owners, Fish Markets, Anarsthetists, Distillers, Life Guards, Astrologers, Detectives, Private Investigators.
KEYWORDS: Death, Great Catastrophies, Dictators, General Calamities, World Wars, The Completely New, The Entirely Exclusive.
VOCATIONS: Too powerful to categorize... however, Undertakers, Embalmers, Insurance.
VOCATIONS: Any occupation ruled by Mars, which permits of advancement and promotion. Those with poor chance of advance should be avoided. Those arent for the impatient Aries, unless a good quota of fixed signs are prominent in the chart, or Capricorn and Virgo are strong in the chart.
The Mars Ruled Occupations that Aries should avoid:- Assayers, Surgeons, Dentists, Carpenters, Lumberjacks, Mechanics.
Non Mars Ruled Occupations for Aries:- Hat and Cap makers and Dealers, Hairdressers (make sure venus is strong here).
VOCATIONS: Those occupations of Venus having to do with Money; also Throat specialists (if regular medical signifactors strong). Boxer, Soldier, Policemen, Treasurer.
VOCATIONS: Any ruled by Mercury not requiring too much detail and especially those having to do with transportation. Gemini cannot stomach drudgery the way Virgo can. Thus Virgo makes better office help than Gemini, but Gemini is a better salesman. Gemini is more curious about things, whereas Virgo is about people. Gemini is the better speaker and superficially the better writer, but Virgo is more thorough in both cases. Virgo's facts are more likely to be right than those of Gemini.
Mercury Ruled Occupations NOT for Gemini: Teachers, Bee Keepers, Dietitians, File Clerks, Retail Grocers, Governesses, Nerve Specialists, Storekeepers, Doctors, Healers.
VOCATION: Those of Moon insofar as they have to do with the Cancerian Keyword. Thus Nursing would obviously be a Cancerian Occupation, but a Traveling Salesman, Fisherman, or Tavern Owner would hardly come under that designation.
Of itself, Cancer is greatley concerned with Real Estate and Home Ownership, though for best results, Saturn should also be strong. Home Appliances, House Furnishing and the like are within its guardianship.
VOCATIONS: Same as the Sun with no exceptions.
VOCATIONS: Everything ruled by Mercury, not exclusive to Gemini. Virgo has a special relationship to service, healing, pets and all mental work involving much detail.
VOCATIONS: All of Venus not having to do with finance
Non Venusian Ruled Occupations: Judges, Diplomats, Lawyers (look for strong Jupiter)
VOCATION: All ruled by Mars and Pluto except things made by fire. Scorpio is strong in occupations requiring great patience - where Aries is weak.
VOCATIONS: Occupations of Jupiter, especially to do with Publicity.
Avoidable Jupitarian Occupations: Woolen Merchants, Wholesale Grocers, Aldermen, Appraisers, Bond Salesmen, Cashiers, Capitalists, Pursers, Financiers, Chiropodists, Shoe Manufacturers and Dealers, Shoe Workers.
KEYWORD: Hard Work
VOCATIONS: Occupations of Saturn, except Priests, Monks, Nuns, Plumbers. Capricorn is the occupational sign itself. It is the sign of business as such and the distinctive mark of the business man. Capricorn excels in those executive positions requiring patience as Virgo excels similarly in subordinate posts calling for the same quality.
KEYWORD: The Up-To-Date
VOCATIONS: All of Uranus... No exceptions. As well as positions which require a friendly personality and skill in meeting the public. Aquarius does rule friends.
VOCATIONS: All vocations of Neptune without exceptions, and those of Jupiter (especially those Sagittarius isnt apt to do). Also occupations of Solitude such as... Monks, Nuns, Prison Guards, Wardens; and those connected with large institutions such as Hospitals, Sanitariums, Museums, Libraries etc... Clubs, Organizations, Secret Societies come under Pisces rulerships, and any occupation connected with these is indicated by Pisces as a vocational sign. If Venus is strong Pisces id often concerned with musical or acting talent.
I hope this helps you all find your true callings in life
Love and Light
Superstition is to religion what astronomy is to astrology: the mad daughter of a wise mother