Lindaland
  Astrology 2.0
  SUN / VENUS SYNASTRY (Page 1)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   SUN / VENUS SYNASTRY
Lotis White
Knowflake

Posts: 599
From: USA
Registered: Dec 2010

posted September 07, 2012 03:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lotis White     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Sun/Venus synastry…

Okay, I’m curious about this type of synastry…. Apparently even the hard aspects lead to shameless adoration. So I’d like to hear about some people’s personal experiences, and some opinions about who experienced what…. As for myself, I know someone who’s Venus sextiled my Sun and he had a way of making me feel special, and actress Julie Delpy has her Sun conjunct my Venus and I’ve always thought she was stunning.

IP: Logged

Ceridwen
Knowflake

Posts: 4023
From:
Registered: Jul 2011

posted September 07, 2012 05:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ceridwen     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Out of the celebrity circus, my Venus conjuncts Jude Law`s Sun.

Though, we both have a Pluto-MC-conjunction which squares the Sun-Venus-conjunction (so his Pluto-my Venus, my Pluto-his Sun), plus Sun co-rules his 8th house, Venus co-rules my 5th house (and 6th and 10th. lol).

Does not look just as sweet and lovely as a Sun-Venus-conjunction usually would I guess.


EDIT:
I have a colleague whose pr Venus is conjunct my pr Sun - it seems to be a long lasting progression, as it was already in effect when he came to my workplace 3 or 4 years ago, and it still is in orb and will be exact in 2015 - and well, in 2020 still be in orb, and then I stopped checking. lol Must be a perpetual progression).

In a strange way I feel like I can do no wrong, and whenever I ask for something, he is going out of his way to make it possible, if it is in his power to do so. He`s just extranice towards me, even though with others he can be pretty arrogant at times.
We are no close friends or something like that, just colleagues, but he`s pretty attentive and nice towards me.
A pleasant stream of sympathy, that is how I would define it in this case, and it makes working easier, though it is not romantic in nature.
Because first of he`s married and second, I am not interested.
But still I think Sun/Venus is good for that pleasant cooperation.

(btw his VALENTINE is also conjunct my Pluto and my MC. lol)

IP: Logged

CosmicKarma360
Knowflake

Posts: 604
From: here and there
Registered: Sep 2010

posted September 07, 2012 01:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for CosmicKarma360     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ceridwen:
I have a colleague whose pr Venus is conjunct my pr Sun - it seems to be a long lasting progression, as it was already in effect when he came to my workplace 3 or 4 years ago, and it still is in orb and will be exact in 2015 - and well, in 2020 still be in orb, and then I stopped checking. lol Must be a perpetual progression).

In a strange way I feel like I can do no wrong, and whenever I ask for something, he is going out of his way to make it possible, if it is in his power to do so. He`s just extranice towards me, even though with others he can be pretty arrogant at times.
We are no close friends or something like that, just colleagues, but he`s pretty attentive and nice towards me.
A pleasant stream of sympathy, that is how I would define it in this case, and it makes working easier, though it is not romantic in nature.
Because first of he`s married and second, I am not interested.
But still I think Sun/Venus is good for that pleasant cooperation.


Interesting. Do you know of a website or anywhere to read an interpretation of p.Venus conjunct n.Sun in synastry? I have something like that with someone, and even though we don't know each other well, there seems to be a kind of natural harmony. Just a real pleasant kind of a non-stressed feeling. Or is the interpretation pretty much the same as n.Sun conjunct n.Venuns in synastry?

IP: Logged

Lotis White
Knowflake

Posts: 599
From: USA
Registered: Dec 2010

posted September 07, 2012 06:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lotis White     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thanks Ceridwen and Cosmic Karma,

Interestingly, when I went through my progressed Sun Conjunct my own progressed Venus, my looks really improved. I started doing yoga, did a special diet, and lost a ton of weight. I got a lot of positive responses from people about the change in my appearance during this time, and was getting compliments left and right from those around me. For a while I felt like the ‘belle of the ball’… As the aspect started to separate, though,(sigh) it stopped being such a big deal to people and the new me became ‘normal’. What I did learn from this is that progressions really do work and sometimes quite dramatically.

IP: Logged

asclibrasagsun
Knowflake

Posts: 154
From:
Registered: Aug 2012

posted September 07, 2012 06:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for asclibrasagsun     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
So I have my venus conjunct someone's sun and I absolutely love him. It is horrid because it makes me feel hopeless. I adore him so much, but have no clue how he THE SUN in this case feels about me. How does the sun feel about the venus?

IP: Logged

ail221
Knowflake

Posts: 1158
From: Mary Margaret Blanchard's home
Registered: Feb 2012

posted September 07, 2012 06:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ail221     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by asclibrasagsun:
So I have my venus conjunct someone's sun and I absolutely love him. It is horrid because it makes me feel hopeless. I adore him so much, but have no clue how he THE SUN in this case feels about me. How does the sun feel about the venus?

Yup I know that feeling, darn Sun/Venus synastry.

IP: Logged

asclibrasagsun
Knowflake

Posts: 154
From:
Registered: Aug 2012

posted September 07, 2012 06:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for asclibrasagsun     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ail221:
Yup I know that feeling, darn Sun/Venus synastry.

WHY MUST WE SUFFER!!!!!!!

IP: Logged

starmoon
Knowflake

Posts: 200
From:
Registered: Sep 2011

posted September 07, 2012 07:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for starmoon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i have sun conjunct venus @ 1 degree with my current bf. i'm the sun, and he's venus. i pretty much adore him, particularly how he looks (which is not a look i normally would have been attracted to). i always think i like him way more than he likes me, but we've been together for about 17 months so it must be mutual. it's a great aspect imo, especially when the man is venus - he really sees me as ideal and i get treated like a princess, really. and from my sun's perspective, he is doing all the right things to keep my sun shining bright. his adoraton brings out my best 'sun' self, if that makes sense

IP: Logged

ail221
Knowflake

Posts: 1158
From: Mary Margaret Blanchard's home
Registered: Feb 2012

posted September 07, 2012 07:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ail221     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by asclibrasagsun:
WHY MUST WE SUFFER!!!!!!!

Its a sick and twisted game fate is playing.

IP: Logged

asclibrasagsun
Knowflake

Posts: 154
From:
Registered: Aug 2012

posted September 07, 2012 07:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for asclibrasagsun     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ail221:
Its a sick and twisted game fate is playing.

OK yes agreed! But look at what starmoon said, she adores him too!

IP: Logged

asclibrasagsun
Knowflake

Posts: 154
From:
Registered: Aug 2012

posted September 07, 2012 07:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for asclibrasagsun     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starmoon:
i have sun conjunct venus @ 1 degree with my current bf. i'm the sun, and he's venus. i pretty much adore him, particularly how he looks (which is not a look i normally would have been attracted to). i always think i like him way more than he likes me, but we've been together for about 17 months so it must be mutual. it's a great aspect imo, especially when the man is venus - he really sees me as ideal and i get treated like a princess, really. and from my sun's perspective, he is doing all the right things to keep my sun shining bright. his adoraton brings out my best 'sun' self, if that makes sense

Hi starmoon, it is interesting to get your perspective. I'm a girl and I am the venus loving the sun boy. But you as the sun....would you say you love him as much as he loves you or does he do most of the loving? Would love to hear your response, thank you

IP: Logged

ail221
Knowflake

Posts: 1158
From: Mary Margaret Blanchard's home
Registered: Feb 2012

posted September 07, 2012 07:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ail221     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by asclibrasagsun:
OK yes agreed! But look at what starmoon said, she adores him too!

Yeah but she's the sun in the situation not the venus, I am venus Meh....I'll revisit the possibility of a relationship next year.

IP: Logged

asclibrasagsun
Knowflake

Posts: 154
From:
Registered: Aug 2012

posted September 07, 2012 07:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for asclibrasagsun     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ail221:
Yeah but she's the sun in the situation not the venus, I am venus Meh....I'll revisit the possibility of a relationship next year.

I am venus too! (but I meant that I guess as the sun she too has feelings?)

At what degree do you have the orb in this conjunction?
Ours is so tight, my venus conjunct his sun at 1 degree...crazyness

IP: Logged

Linda Jones
Knowflake

Posts: 1210
From:
Registered: Jan 2012

posted September 07, 2012 07:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Linda Jones     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Shameless adoration between Sun/Venus is right!

But here's a poser--

In the case of the man I adore ... my 1st hse Venus (my chart ruler) sextiles his 5th hse Sun (1 deg) and the adoration has been there right from the beginning. From his side he totally basks in it.

But then his 7th hse Jupiter trines my 1st hse Venus (4 deg) and I can feel it through the many ways he validates and supports me.

Even with some celebrities (I haven't checked too many) I've noticed that if their Sun makes contact with my Venus, I immediately like them even before checking their chart. Pierce Brosnan with his Sun conjunct my Venus is one example. But then I also like him because I sense his higher spiritual energy.

Ok so far this is how the Sun/Venus aspects affect individuals, right?

Now here's the poser ...

I recently checked the chart of a man who dated a close friend of mine for a bit. He turned out to be one of those psycho guys everyone dreads and hopes to never run into. Manipulative in the extreme, and very low and negative energy overall.

When my friend showed me a video of him, my sense of his energy was that it was low.

When I looked at his astro chart, I saw that he has a Moon/Pluto conjunction with my friend's (his Pluto with her Moon) among other aspects.

Then what struck me is that his Sun is EXACTLY conjunct my Venus and I do not even LIKE the guy (because of the abusive and controlling way he's treated my friend). My initial sense of his energy also confirmed my dislike of him even before their relationship difficulties started.

In addition, his Venus conjuncts my Asc. Since my chart ruler is Venus I would think this would make for a pretty strong connection. But ... nope ... quite the opposite!

Plus his mercury (his chart ruler) is conjunct my Merc., his Moon and Pluto are quincunx my Venus, his Mars is exactly conjunct my Moon.

Despite all this there is ZERO attraction, and like I said, I don't even like the guy.

Does anyone know if astrology can explain this deviation from how I usually experience the Sun/Venus aspect?


------------------
I have a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my imagination

IP: Logged

Lotis White
Knowflake

Posts: 599
From: USA
Registered: Dec 2010

posted September 07, 2012 08:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lotis White     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My thoughts are that if someone has a 'low' energy, it doesn't matter what synastry you share with them, they repel you on an intuitive level.

IP: Logged

Lotis White
Knowflake

Posts: 599
From: USA
Registered: Dec 2010

posted September 08, 2012 12:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lotis White     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I’m also wondering about how other factors in a Venus/Sun aspect might affect it. Like if you have, say, Venus trine Sun with somebody, but their Uranus or Saturn is involved… I guess I’m wondering how modifications to this aspect from other planets might affect it.

IP: Logged

starmoon
Knowflake

Posts: 200
From:
Registered: Sep 2011

posted September 08, 2012 12:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for starmoon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by asclibrasagsun:
Hi starmoon, it is interesting to get your perspective. I'm a girl and I am the venus loving the sun boy. But you as the sun....would you say you love him as much as he loves you or does he do most of the loving? Would love to hear your response, thank you

i (as sun) sometimes feel i am into him more. he does most of the giving/compromise though to keep things happy. he (as venus) seems to be the one first willing to patch things up. so, i think the loving nature of venus is at work there to keep the sun person happy. it is definitely a 'mutual admiration society' we have going; it is very obvious to others that we adore each other, that is really a great word for this synastry of sun/venus - adore. it's like first-love happiness. we have it conjunct at 1 degree aspect.

IP: Logged

Lotis White
Knowflake

Posts: 599
From: USA
Registered: Dec 2010

posted September 08, 2012 03:37 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lotis White     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starmoon:
i (as sun) sometimes feel i am into him more. he does most of the giving/compromise though to keep things happy. he (as venus) seems to be the one first willing to patch things up. so, i think the loving nature of venus is at work there to keep the sun person happy. it is definitely a 'mutual admiration society' we have going; it is very obvious to others that we adore each other, that is really a great word for this synastry of sun/venus - adore. it's like first-love happiness. we have it conjunct at 1 degree aspect.

Thanks, I loved the way you described that. Especially the 'first-love happiness' part. It gives hope to both the Sun and the Venus person.

IP: Logged

asclibrasagsun
Knowflake

Posts: 154
From:
Registered: Aug 2012

posted September 08, 2012 12:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for asclibrasagsun     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starmoon:
i (as sun) sometimes feel i am into him more. he does most of the giving/compromise though to keep things happy. he (as venus) seems to be the one first willing to patch things up. so, i think the loving nature of venus is at work there to keep the sun person happy. it is definitely a 'mutual admiration society' we have going; it is very obvious to others that we adore each other, that is really a great word for this synastry of sun/venus - adore. it's like first-love happiness. we have it conjunct at 1 degree aspect.

This is just so cute. I smiled reading this!
So maybe he as the sun really does adore me too awww
Thank you for your insight it is great to get another's perspective

IP: Logged

slowpoke
Knowflake

Posts: 354
From:
Registered: Nov 2009

posted September 08, 2012 01:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for slowpoke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The Synastry Sun Venus contacts with the major aspects are important hits to the chart. These contacts indicate a strong impulse to be near each other.

The Sun stands for the ego and energies that project to others, to look at the Sun.

The Venus stands for your innate ability to draw love, affection, beautiful objects and, money to you, without much effort on your part. Venus, in a sense, is also projecting to others, to look at the Venus.

No matter which person is which planet, the union is bound to insist, that the rest of the world take notice.

As we all know, the aspects dictate the temperamental quality of the union. Both good and bad aspects add to the power of drawing you together. Oppositions generate differences that need to be worked out and or accepted - or battle and separation may follow. Squares represent restrictions against impositions - the will to separate is not as strong as the will to stay and fight. The parties are required, to learn how to tip toe around issues with the other or make plans that exclude the other. The Sextiles between these two planets is like that of sitting in a row boat - on clam water - with no wind - on a sunny day. The trine, again between the two planets, is like sitting in a big beautiful sail boat where you have fun directing the motion of the boat, regardless of the waves, with your sails. And finally, the conjunction. This is your huge beautiful cabin cruiser, stocked with good music and, all of the refreshments and, food you want. You have a staff that drives this baby, while you two are somewhere in this vessel really enjoying yourselves and each other. Synastry speaking, it is good to have Sun / Venus combinations.

slowpoke

This site gives you some idea of the aspects associated with the Synastry aspects, but it is an incomplete set of aspects.
.
http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/comp2f]http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/comp2f]http://astro.cafeas trology.com/cgi-bin/astro/comp2f

http://www.astrologyfiles.com/free-horoscope-matching/

Slowpoke's Aspects To Live For
http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/202766.html


Slowpoke's: Synastry Aspects - Void of Planet Linkages
http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/214576.html

IP: Logged

Linda Jones
Knowflake

Posts: 1210
From:
Registered: Jan 2012

posted September 08, 2012 02:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Linda Jones     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
^ thanks Slowpoke, for the additional info and links.

------------------
I have a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my imagination

IP: Logged

asclibrasagsun
Knowflake

Posts: 154
From:
Registered: Aug 2012

posted September 08, 2012 02:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for asclibrasagsun     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slowpoke:
The Synastry Sun Venus contacts with the major aspects are important hits to the chart. These contacts indicate a strong impulse to be near each other.

The Sun stands for the ego and energies that project to others, to look at the Sun.

The Venus stands for your innate ability to draw love, affection, beautiful objects and, money to you, without much effort on your part. Venus, in a sense, is also projecting to others, to look at the Venus.

No matter which person is which planet, the union is bound to insist, that the rest of the world take notice.

As we all know, the aspects dictate the temperamental quality of the union. Both good and bad aspects add to the power of drawing you together. Oppositions generate differences that need to be worked out and or accepted - or battle and separation may follow. Squares represent restrictions against impositions - the will to separate is not as strong as the will to stay and fight. The parties are required, to learn how to tip toe around issues with the other or make plans that exclude the other. The Sextiles between these two planets is like that of sitting in a row boat - on clam water - with no wind - on a sunny day. The trine, again between the two planets, is like sitting in a big beautiful sail boat where you have fun directing the motion of the boat, regardless of the waves, with your sails. And finally, the conjunction. This is your huge beautiful cabin cruiser, stocked with good music and, all of the refreshments and, food you want. You have a staff that drives this baby, while you two are somewhere in this vessel really enjoying yourselves and each other. Synastry speaking, it is good to have Sun / Venus combinations.

slowpoke

This site gives you some idea of the aspects associated with the Synastry aspects, but it is an incomplete set of aspects.
.
http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/comp2f]http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/comp2f]http://astro.cafeas trology.com/cgi-bin/astro/comp2f

http://www.astrologyfiles.com/free-horoscope-matching/

Slowpoke's Aspects To Live For
http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/202766.html


Slowpoke's: Synastry Aspects - Void of Planet Linkages
http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/214576.html


Thank you so much, I loved your descriptions.

IP: Logged

Linda Jones
Knowflake

Posts: 1210
From:
Registered: Jan 2012

posted September 08, 2012 02:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Linda Jones     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotis White:
I’m also wondering about how other factors in a Venus/Sun aspect might affect it. Like if you have, say, Venus trine Sun with somebody, but their Uranus or Saturn is involved… I guess I’m wondering how modifications to this aspect from other planets might affect it.

In my case (my VE sextile his SU) his Sun is exactly quincunx his Saturn but also sextiles his Jupiter. I see both Saturn and Jupiter affecting his personality.

But as the Venus person, I'm more tolerant of his Saturn restrictions when they happen ... as in I let things pass and /or wait for the right time. And since my Venus is in earth, the needed patience comes more easily, I think. But the need to have patience doesn't interfere with the adoration, even when he's mad at me for example.

------------------
I have a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my imagination

IP: Logged

Linda Jones
Knowflake

Posts: 1210
From:
Registered: Jan 2012

posted September 08, 2012 02:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Linda Jones     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotis White:
My thoughts are that if someone has a 'low' energy, it doesn't matter what synastry you share with them, they repel you on an intuitive level.

Yeah, that's what I think too. So spiritual energy pretty much trumps aspects. It's an indication that the effects of hard aspects can be overcome by spiritual effort. Anyway, this is just a side thought

------------------
I have a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my imagination

IP: Logged

Gray
Knowflake

Posts: 80
From:
Registered: Aug 2012

posted September 08, 2012 03:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gray     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Aren't sun-venus aspects in synastry and/or composite, fairly common?

IP: Logged


This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are Eastern Standard Time

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Linda-Goodman.com

Copyright © 2012

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46a