Lindaland
  Astrology For Beginners
  Lets Talk About Ascendants (Page 1)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Lets Talk About Ascendants
Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 11, 2012 09:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
In doing a mini Sun reading, I goofed up on the whole picture as I did not figure in the ASC properly on one reading. That opened me up more to the role of the ASC in the whole picture of an entire person. I try to get behind the eyes of placements. That is how I do Astrology. I must walk in the shoes of placements in order to be able to work with them. This may be a result of a water moon--Cancer. At any rate, I was thinking of how the ASC fits with the Sun and Moon.It is one of the big 3. I think I have a sense from feeling out my own placements. I am a Libra ASC. Please talk about how YOU feel your ASC. I will talk about how I feel mine, too. If you want to talk about how your ASC functions differently than your Moon and Sun, please feel free, too! xx

------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged

sweet-scorpion
Knowflake

Posts: 485
From: PA, USA
Registered: Apr 2012

posted April 13, 2012 02:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweet-scorpion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hello again :3

I have a Sagittarius ascendant. It is at 11 degrees; therefore it is in the second decan of Sagittarius, which Mars rules. This means Mars is an influence on my ASC. I can agree that Mars does show in my ascendant a bit - I've been known to get the 'tomato' Martian flush when really angry, anxious or even happy, LOL. I also can be extremely pushy and domineering, a more negative Aries trait... Interestingly enough I read up on having a Martian influence on a Sag. ASC and found it's true that I am more 'angular', especially my facial features - I have very defined facial features and small, angular shoulders.

Unfortunately, the ASC also squares my moon in Virgo. I think the moon squaring the ASC, in my case, shows that I oft cover up the critical, depressive and emotionally needy part of my personality by taking flight or acting much more assertive and grounded than I actually am. I say 'emotionally needy' because I have the Moon conjunct Chiron, and I'm beginning to think that might be because I've had a lot of maternal issues which have lead me to have difficulties with emotional stability at times.

On the flip side, we have my Sun making a sextile to the ASC. Pretty funny, right? Moon vs. Sun with my appearance to the world. And that is very true. I can alternate between being commanding, the 'ringmaster' type, extremely assertive when need be (10th house Sun) and also humorous and witty (Sun in Libra). But at the same time, it's easy to fall back into the trap of my own mind (Moon in 9th house) and become vulnerable, moody, and very critical when I cannot hold up the ASC and what it portrays of me that's not always true.

I think in my case, the ASC is a protective shield to my more vulnerable self.

------------------
"Perfect love casts out fear."
-Anthony de Mello

IP: Logged

Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 13, 2012 02:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi Sweet Scorpion Check out my Welcome Thread to newbies. You have only 3 posts. How nice and Welcome

------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged

Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 13, 2012 03:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sweet-scorpion:
Hello again :3

I have a Sagittarius ascendant. It is at 11 degrees; therefore it is in the second decan of Sagittarius, which Mars rules. This means Mars is an influence on my ASC. I can agree that Mars does show in my ascendant a bit - I've been known to get the 'tomato' Martian flush when really angry, anxious or even happy, LOL. I also can be extremely pushy and domineering, a more negative Aries trait... Interestingly enough I read up on having a Martian influence on a Sag. ASC and found it's true that I am more 'angular', especially my facial features - I have very defined facial features and small, angular shoulders.

Unfortunately, the ASC also squares my moon in Virgo. I think the moon squaring the ASC, in my case, shows that I oft cover up the critical, depressive and emotionally needy part of my personality by taking flight or acting much more assertive and grounded than I actually am. I say 'emotionally needy' because I have the Moon conjunct Chiron, and I'm beginning to think that might be because I've had a lot of maternal issues which have lead me to have difficulties with emotional stability at times.

On the flip side, we have my Sun making a sextile to the ASC. Pretty funny, right? Moon vs. Sun with my appearance to the world. And that is very true. I can alternate between being commanding, the 'ringmaster' type, extremely assertive when need be (10th house Sun) and also humorous and witty (Sun in Libra). But at the same time, it's easy to fall back into the trap of my own mind (Moon in 9th house) and become vulnerable, moody, and very critical when I cannot hold up the ASC and what it portrays of me that's not always true.

I think in my case, the ASC is a protective shield to my more vulnerable self.



Very well put! If you would like to list all your placements and talk about them, I am game

------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged

LuckyLeo
Knowflake

Posts: 25
From:
Registered: Dec 2011

posted April 13, 2012 04:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LuckyLeo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey Ami and Scorpion,

I have a Capricorn ascendant but I have Aquarius in the 1st house, intercepted. It seems that changes things, but I am not sure how. (Do you know?) The closest aspect I have to my ascendant is a trine from Ceres. It is almost exact.

I am a serious person (definitely much more than a typical Leo) and always did very well in school and planned for my future. I think it is Cap ascendant that has always made people say I have a "good head on my shoulders"

I think it has been hard to combine with a Leo sun, because Leo wants FUN!! and Capricorn wants WORK!!! Leo sun wants to shine, but Cap ascendant doesn't want unnecessary attention, or even worse, to possibly embarass itself. So they are difficult to combine.

IP: Logged

sweet-scorpion
Knowflake

Posts: 485
From: PA, USA
Registered: Apr 2012

posted April 13, 2012 04:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweet-scorpion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
@LuckyLeo - yes, you are right. The Capricorn ascendant can add a definite degree of seriousness, but also depth and stability, to your Leo Sun.

I am progressing to a Capricorn ascendant right now in my life... and what do you think my main obsession is? WORK! My job, my career, and my social standing. So I can see why this would be both good and bad for you.

I think you should channel the stability of your Cappie ASC into achieving something great in life. If you can get over the shyness it brings, you can really move mountains with a well-aspected Leo sun, especially if it is in the 10th or 11th house. Where is your Sun?

It will be easier with time to get over the possibility of embarrassment. I think you need to look at it from a new angle to make yourself feel better: think, this Cappie ASC won't make me afraid to show myself off. It will give me the humility that a Leo sometimes needs, all while I go on to do great things.

I think you can translate that shyness into appearing professional and trustworthy to most everyone. And trust me, that is essential if you want to get anywhere in life! It isn't bad that you don't have a ton of ASC aspects besides the Ceres trine either. It's better to have fewer aspects than a bunch of negative ones. Ceres basically rules nurturing, so perhaps this means despite the cool stability of Cappie, you are a very nurturing person. What sign is your Ceres?

IP: Logged

sweet-scorpion
Knowflake

Posts: 485
From: PA, USA
Registered: Apr 2012

posted April 13, 2012 04:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweet-scorpion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ami Anne:

Very well put! If you would like to list all your placements and talk about them, I am game



Sure! I can list some other placements as well, ones I have not mentioned yet. And thank you! :3

Venus, 16 degrees, 11th house

Jupiter, 15 degrees, 11th house

*Mercury, 4 degrees, 11th house
(concerning Mercury, I've always been curious... because it trines Saturn in the 3rd, which is Mercury's natural home. So does that mean my mental abilities are re-enforced from this? Also, is there any great significance that Mercury is in the early degrees of Scorpio...?)

ALL of these planets are in Scorpio... yes indeed. I am highly Scorpionic, hence the username. (◡‿◡✿ I suppose that gives me a stellium, if you're like me and consider 3 planets the minimum for a stellium!

IP: Logged

Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 13, 2012 05:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Welcome Lucky Leo
I will be back! if you want me to look at your placements, shoot me a list

------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged

LuckyLeo
Knowflake

Posts: 25
From:
Registered: Dec 2011

posted April 13, 2012 05:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LuckyLeo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Scorpion-
Thanks for your reply!

I agree with you - shyness, or self-doubt, is the stumbling block, but otherwise Cappie asc can tone down the Leo flashiness. It can be great because of the things you mention, like appearing professional and respectable. I got my first job very young and my bosses have always liked me. So it's definitely good in that arena!

Interesting that you are progressing into Cap asc yourself right now... you can understand a bit what it is like to have this placement. I bet you will have some achievements to speak of in the coming years while you have this progressed ascendant! Don't work TOO hard

And since you asked about my Sun and Ceres...my sun is in the 7th house, and my Ceres is in Taurus. I have a few other loose aspects to the asc, but Ceres is the closest. The others are at least 4 or 5 degrees away


Ami-
Thank you for the welcome! See you when you get back!

IP: Logged

sweet-scorpion
Knowflake

Posts: 485
From: PA, USA
Registered: Apr 2012

posted April 13, 2012 05:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweet-scorpion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
@LuckyLeo

That's great! I'm not at all surprised to see you got a good job at a young age. I'm glad that your ASC gets you on the side of your boss. I can't think of anything better for appearing reliable than a Cappie ASC, actually, besides a Cappie MC.

Yes, definitely. It has its highs and lows. Sometimes when I feel I am not doing enough work, I feel very bad and get angry with myself. I') Some people avoid work like the plague... with a 10th house Sun in my natal chart, it's basically all I live for, hah. The Cappie ASC right now is actually helping me though I think. It keeps my 'eyes on the prize', so to speak... much better than having a progressed ASC like Pisces or something.

Taurus, I think, does make one more nurturing. Having Ceres in Taurus likes to be comforted through knowing they have shelter, stability and creature comforts... maybe having Ceres in Taurus touching your ASC means you seem more maternal to others; like you can offer them a stable maternal comfort.

IP: Logged

LuckyLeo
Knowflake

Posts: 25
From:
Registered: Dec 2011

posted April 13, 2012 06:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LuckyLeo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Scorpion-

Funny you should mention a Cappie MC. My Saturn sits about 5 or 6 degrees away from my MC). Talk about appearing serious to the outside world

I think a 10th house sun would definitely make career your life's focus. So you are probably comfortable with your asc going into Capricorn anyway. It seems like it will work well for you, and just help you achieve those goals you already have. I'm actually not sure where my progressed asc is - I should check!

Thanks for your interpretation about Ceres -I hadn't really understood what that meant. You are very right about seeming maternal - people have actually told me that! I do like to take care of people, and have always wanted lots of kids. Guess now I know why

IP: Logged

sweet-scorpion
Knowflake

Posts: 485
From: PA, USA
Registered: Apr 2012

posted April 13, 2012 06:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweet-scorpion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
That's so funny! So your twice as Cappie-like then. Yes, having a 10th house Sun has put a lot of weight on my mind about achieving success... especially because it is peregrine, meaning not aspected by any other planet.

Transitioning to a Cappie ASC actually is not difficult for me, as you said, due to my sun placement. I think it's also good for me because in my natal chart, my cool and collected mentality is at odds with my outward image - ASC square Saturn. Now maybe it won't be as bad for me...? We'll see. :')

Really? Wow, I was right on the money about Ceres for you then! Awesome. Ceres really is all about mothering. If you have a difficult relationship with mom, usually your Ceres will be afflicted. It seems like your outward image is right at home with your nurturing instinct.

Oh, and no problem. I love helping others figure out their charts.

IP: Logged

Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 14, 2012 06:18 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LuckyLeo:
Hey Ami and Scorpion,

I have a Capricorn ascendant but I have Aquarius in the 1st house, intercepted. It seems that changes things, but I am not sure how. (Do you know?) The closest aspect I have to my ascendant is a trine from Ceres. It is almost exact.

I am a serious person (definitely much more than a typical Leo) and always did very well in school and planned for my future. I think it is Cap ascendant that has always made people say I have a "good head on my shoulders"

I think it has been hard to combine with a Leo sun, because Leo wants FUN!! and Capricorn wants WORK!!! Leo sun wants to shine, but Cap ascendant doesn't want unnecessary attention, or even worse, to possibly embarass itself. So they are difficult to combine.



Ceres trine the ASC sounds wonderful. Are you a nurturing person who can give unconditional love?

Yes,the Cap ASC is one of the hardest. Were you the kind of child that people said was a "little old woman"?

Leo/ Cap would be a difficult blend, for sure!

------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged

Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 14, 2012 06:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Sweet Scorpion?
Would you look at my chart

------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged

Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 14, 2012 06:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
edit
------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged

LuckyLeo
Knowflake

Posts: 25
From:
Registered: Dec 2011

posted April 14, 2012 10:26 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for LuckyLeo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi Ami, Good morning

Yes, I suppose I would say I'm a nurturing person, and I can give unconditional love. Sweet-scorpion was right when she said I may come across as maternal.

LOL yes you are accurate, I was kind of a "little old lady" as a child. I was mature and responsible and cautious. I did not like to break the rules. I was the type that told on my younger siblings if they did something wrong! lol

So, I read in the 1st post that you are a Libra Asc. How is it having that? It sounds like a very nice asc to have. I know someone with a cusp ascendant, between Libra and Scorpio. I can't figure out which one he is, but I'm suspecting Libra. So I'd like to hear about it if you want to share!

IP: Logged

Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 14, 2012 10:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LuckyLeo:
Hi Ami, Good morning

Yes, I suppose I would say I'm a nurturing person, and I can give unconditional love. Sweet-scorpion was right when she said I may come across as maternal.

LOL yes you are accurate, I was kind of a "little old lady" as a child. I was mature and responsible and cautious. I did not like to break the rules. I was the type that told on my younger siblings if they did something wrong! lol

So, I read in the 1st post that you are a Libra Asc. How is it having that? It sounds like a very nice asc to have. I know someone with a cusp ascendant, between Libra and Scorpio. I can't figure out which one he is, but I'm suspecting Libra. So I'd like to hear about it if you want to share!


Aw well I like this ASC. I do think in terms of the "others'. I like this about myself as I can put myself into another person's shoes. I think it is a good ASC as one tries to compromise and get along with others. I think the hardest part is standing up for oneself which is the hardest part of Libra, in general. However, I think it is a good ASC to have, for the most part lol

Did I already do a Mini reading for you. I get confused

------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged

LuckyLeo
Knowflake

Posts: 25
From:
Registered: Dec 2011

posted April 14, 2012 11:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for LuckyLeo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Oh that's great. It does seem like a lovely asc to have.

Nope you haven't done a mini reading for me yet. I answered you on the other page about it, and gave you my placements. Thank you for offering to do that!

IP: Logged

Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 14, 2012 12:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LuckyLeo:
Oh that's great. It does seem like a lovely asc to have.

Nope you haven't done a mini reading for me yet. I answered you on the other page about it, and gave you my placements. Thank you for offering to do that!



You are so welcome LL! I do get lost when the thread gets long so I hope people will tell me if I miss them.

------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged

sweet-scorpion
Knowflake

Posts: 485
From: PA, USA
Registered: Apr 2012

posted April 14, 2012 12:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweet-scorpion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ami Anne:
Sweet Scorpion?
Would you look at my chart



Sure Ami!

What would you like to know? :3

IP: Logged

Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 14, 2012 12:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Cool Sweet Scorpion Anything that hits you. I will make a thread for you in Personal Readings, if that is OK. It is on the list of Forums. You will see it. Any insights are valuable and thank you so much!

------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged

Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 14, 2012 12:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I just put it up. If you want to put yours up, we can exchange chart readings in there. I love to do that.

------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged

sweet-scorpion
Knowflake

Posts: 485
From: PA, USA
Registered: Apr 2012

posted April 14, 2012 12:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweet-scorpion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ami Anne:
Cool Sweet Scorpion Anything that hits you. I will make a thread for you in Personal Readings, if that is OK. It is on the list of Forums. You will see it. Any insights are valuable and thank you so much!


Sure thing! I will make sure to look over it and have most of my interpretations put up by today. That's fine with me!

IP: Logged

sweet-scorpion
Knowflake

Posts: 485
From: PA, USA
Registered: Apr 2012

posted April 14, 2012 12:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweet-scorpion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ami Anne:
I just put it up. If you want to put yours up, we can exchange chart readings in there. I love to do that.


Yeah, I'd love to do that! It would be fun. :3 I can put my chart up as well. I can post it addressed to you in the Personal readings forum like you did for me. No need to hurry either, you can take your time with it.

IP: Logged

Ami Anne
Moderator

Posts: 34359
From: Pluto/house next to NickiG
Registered: Sep 2010

posted April 14, 2012 12:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ami Anne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Same with you about taking your time. I like to do charts, slowly, and talk about them. That is the way to really learn, ime.

------------------
Passion, Lust, Desire. Check out my journal


http://www.mychristianpsychic.com/

IP: Logged


This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are Eastern Standard Time

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Linda-Goodman.com

Copyright 2012

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46a