Lindaland
  Interpersonal Astrology
  Sun conjunct Pluto synastry

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Sun conjunct Pluto synastry
WhyMe
Knowflake

Posts: 58
From:
Registered: Jul 2014

posted August 31, 2014 11:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for WhyMe     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
How tight should these orbs be for this conjunction to be felt in synastry ? Is an orb of 10 to 13 degrees still valid or is it too wide to have any practical effect on the natives ?

IP: Logged

MiaPluto
Knowflake

Posts: 480
From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Registered: Aug 2014

posted September 01, 2014 06:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for MiaPluto     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
All those who's suns conjunct my Pluto (sagittarians) from about 0-7 degrees sag (because my Pluto is at 3 degrees sag).

I can see behind their fake mask so easily. They annoy me so much. I have a love-hate relationship with them.

I understand them very well, more than they understand themselves sometimes (some things about themselves).

But sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who feels this way towards them when everyone else believe them, fall for their superficiality, I can see through them very easily.

I hate their superficiality. But they can sometimes feel exposed when they're with me. They might feel awkward, like they're busted (especially because Sagittarius is a superficial sign lol).

(I don't do it intentionally of course, my pluto's there).

But their defensive response can be (when they know/realize their superficiality annoys me) they annoy me further, making me really angry (like a typical sag).

They're the only people I really feel some connection with. Even tho I hate it. And they know it too. But they won't admit it.

My mom's sun is conjunct my Pluto. And many other people's, including my celebrity crush's.

I think that people who's sun is conjunct your natal Pluto, you would find them really fake at first, and be able to understand all their hidden motives or intentions very easily.

------------------
Mia x

IP: Logged

WhyMe
Knowflake

Posts: 58
From:
Registered: Jul 2014

posted September 01, 2014 11:33 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for WhyMe     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thank you ! Would an orb of between 10 to 15 degrees be too wide to be felt ? Especially in a Sun - Pluto conjunction ?

IP: Logged

WhyMe
Knowflake

Posts: 58
From:
Registered: Jul 2014

posted September 01, 2014 07:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for WhyMe     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Bump !!!! Can anyone please tell me more about what orbs are considered TOO WIDE to be of significance in a synastry or composite chart ? Thanks !

IP: Logged

starmoon
Knowflake

Posts: 1337
From:
Registered: Sep 2011

posted September 01, 2014 07:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for starmoon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WhyMe:
Bump !!!! Can anyone please tell me more about what orbs are considered TOO WIDE to be of significance in a synastry or composite chart ? Thanks !

yes, it is too wide. you want to see aspects in synastry that are no greater than maybe 5 degrees, some people even stop at 3 for a conjunction. for a natal chart a conjunction can go much higher, but with a partner it needs to be closer. pluto is also a generational planet. for pluto to hold significance it has to be closer to your personal planet, because you could share a wide aspect with just about anyone in a similar age group. the reason you keep orbs small is to concentrate on the aspects that truly matter between partners; if you start increasing the orbs you also start grasping for straws and the hope that something is there when it actually isn't.

IP: Logged

WhyMe
Knowflake

Posts: 58
From:
Registered: Jul 2014

posted September 01, 2014 07:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for WhyMe     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thank you, star moon !!

I have another question about conjunctions in synastry. Do they only occur in the same sign ? For example, if my Sun is at 29 degrees Virgo and your Moon is at 1 degree Libra, would that still be considered a Sun-Moon conjunction in synastry ?

Also, if a Planet sits just a few minutes from the start of a new house, for example, a planet is 11 degrees Sag in what is technically a 4th house, but the 5th house starts at 12 degree Sag, is that planet more likely to give the results of the 5th house than the 4th house ? Or will it act as if it is sitting at the cusp and give mixed results ?

IP: Logged

IndigoDirae
Moderator

Posts: 4061
From: Venice, California, US
Registered: Jul 2011

posted September 01, 2014 08:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for IndigoDirae     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WhyMe:
How tight should these orbs be for this conjunction to be felt in synastry ? Is an orb of 10 to 13 degrees still valid or is it too wide to have any practical effect on the natives ?

Whew! 10? 13? Absolutely not.

Keep it to 1 when dealing with PLUTO for maximum effect. Expand to 3 when it's shown to be active.

IP: Logged

IndigoDirae
Moderator

Posts: 4061
From: Venice, California, US
Registered: Jul 2011

posted September 01, 2014 08:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for IndigoDirae     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WhyMe:
Thank you, star moon !!

I have another question about conjunctions in synastry. Do they only occur in the same sign ? For example, if my Sun is at 29 degrees Virgo and your Moon is at 1 degree Libra, would that still be considered a Sun-Moon conjunction in synastry ?

Also, if a Planet sits just a few minutes from the start of a new house, for example, a planet is 11 degrees Sag in what is technically a 4th house, but the 5th house starts at 12 degree Sag, is that planet more likely to give the results of the 5th house than the 4th house ? Or will it act as if it is sitting at the cusp and give mixed results ?


Read as being in the house of placement but having an influence regarding the cusped house. This is usually -- but not always -- due to the planet or point being conjunct the cusp as well as parallel.

Still, it's in the house it's placed. The only reason that might be debatable is if the birthtime is specious and the chart can be rectified. You may opt for using a different house system for those charts, too.

There's often a reason for the cusp. That's why I tend to give primary attention to the house in which it's placed, while also reading the alternative placement and seeing how it's conjunction to the cusp is influencing its placement.

Always keep cusp conjunctions to 2 maximum. Also, it's when it's in a new house, conjunct its cusp and parallel that a point has a VERY strong relationship to that house.

I realise that's not the case here, but it's good to keep in mind.

For example, my 12H VENUS is 2 conjunct my ASC. However, for all it's clearly expressing itself as a 12H placement, I've got an angular VENUS -- same as Angelina Jolie, in fact. It's still conjunct the ASC, by 2, but undeniably in 12H.

IP: Logged

starmoon
Knowflake

Posts: 1337
From:
Registered: Sep 2011

posted September 01, 2014 09:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for starmoon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WhyMe:
Thank you, star moon !!

I have another question about conjunctions in synastry. Do they only occur in the same sign ? For example, if my Sun is at 29 degrees Virgo and your Moon is at 1 degree Libra, would that still be considered a Sun-Moon conjunction in synastry ?

Also, if a Planet sits just a few minutes from the start of a new house, for example, a planet is 11 degrees Sag in what is technically a 4th house, but the 5th house starts at 12 degree Sag, is that planet more likely to give the results of the 5th house than the 4th house ? Or will it act as if it is sitting at the cusp and give mixed results ?


basically what IndigoDirae wrote about the houses.

in the case of a sun/moon or other personal planets that connect closely - but in different signs, then yes, you can read that as a standard conjunction, but the orb would have to be 3 degrees or less, nothing greater than that - i'm tempted to say it should be 1 degree even. it is called an "out of sign conjunction" when that occurs. it can happen in both synastry charts and also a natal chart. sometimes a planet falls right outside a stellium and into another sign but because it is so close - 3 degrees or less, it can conjunct the others. in the case of synastry the moon person would still be "read" as their moon and the "sun" person as their sun sign, that doesn't change. out of sign conjunctions are interesting because the planets are conjunct, but since the person is still Sign A and the other is Sign B, they will be rather different as a couple than if the conjunction occurred in the same sign.

IP: Logged

IndigoDirae
Moderator

Posts: 4061
From: Venice, California, US
Registered: Jul 2011

posted September 01, 2014 09:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for IndigoDirae     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starmoon:
basically what IndigoDirae wrote about the houses.

in the case of a sun/moon or other personal planets that connect closely - but in different signs, then yes, you can read that as a standard conjunction, but the orb would have to be 3 degrees or less, nothing greater than that - i'm tempted to say it should be 1 degree even. it is called an "out of sign conjunction" when that occurs. it can happen in both synastry charts and also a natal chart. sometimes a planet falls right outside a stellium and into another sign but because it is so close - 3 degrees or less, it can conjunct the others. in the case of synastry the moon person would still be "read" as their moon and the "sun" person as their sun sign, that doesn't change. out of sign conjunctions are interesting because the planets are conjunct, but since the person is still Sign A and the other is Sign B, they will be rather different as a couple than if the conjunction occurred in the same sign.


IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Standard Time

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Linda-Goodman.com

Copyright 2000-2014

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46a