Lindaland
  Astrology 2.0
  Sagittarius Moons

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Sagittarius Moons
peachbeigeblue
Knowflake

Posts: 2633
From:
Registered: Apr 2012

posted April 12, 2013 01:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for peachbeigeblue     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I am close with a silly amount of Sag Moon girls. Like 3 out of 6 of my closest girlfriends have sag moons. One is a sag sun. And an ex best friend was sag moon too.

I still do not understand them completely. Like I understand some moons - still have questions about some - but I would really like some insight from Sag mooners or those close.

I lovingly call Sagittarius the sociopath sign. Just a sprinkle.

Anyways - How do they show affection to loved ones? What do they need to feel secure ? Etc

IP: Logged

bridgetostars23
Knowflake

Posts: 569
From: virginia, usa
Registered: Dec 2012

posted April 12, 2013 01:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bridgetostars23     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My brother is a Sagittarius moon.

He makes me laugh probably more than any other person I know.

He doesn't like to go deep in terms of emotions. In fact it will even bother him a little bit. He will change the subject. But you can tell he cares. (I am a Scorpio moon.)

Even though he is shy at first, once he starts talking about something, he really gets into it and wants to tell you all about it. He is a good storyteller.

He is the most in control of his emotions in my whole family. When he does get angry it is more of a calculated anger rather than an explosive rage. He knows how to bother someone or how to stir the pot though definitely.

In closing, he is very funny and secretly sweet. His shadow side would be how he can push people's buttons for fun.

IP: Logged

Doux RÍve
Moderator

Posts: 2933
From:
Registered: Dec 2010

posted April 12, 2013 01:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Doux RÍve     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I know quite a few Sag Moons, too.
We can get along well even though my Moon sign is square (Virgo) but I've never been able to get too close to them. Outwardly, they're usually very positive, energetic, honest. But it seems to me that they are actually quite private people when it comes to the deeper stuff. I still don't know if there's depth to them (I think so but it may be due to other placements in the people I know personally) but they are careful not to show any sign of weakness or emotional distress.

They can be hard to follow, also. Like they're always moving way too fast and don't have time to truly stop and enjoy the moment.
Always on the go!

I have no idea how they show affection, though. I don't find them to be very romantic or lovey-dovey - but I haven't had a romantic relationship with any, so..

Happiness and better days to come is usually what makes them feel secure lol. I think cynical or negative people would make them feel quite uncomfortable and unsafe. They need positive things around them.

IP: Logged

Ceridwen
Knowflake

Posts: 6053
From:
Registered: Jul 2011

posted April 12, 2013 02:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ceridwen     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bridgetostars23:
My brother is a Sagittarius moon.

He makes me laugh probably more than any other person I know.

He doesn't like to go deep in terms of emotions. In fact it will even bother him a little bit. He will change the subject. But you can tell he cares. (I am a Scorpio moon.)

Even though he is shy at first, once he starts talking about something, he really gets into it and wants to tell you all about it. He is a good storyteller.

He is the most in control of his emotions in my whole family. When he does get angry it is more of a calculated anger rather than an explosive rage. He knows how to bother someone or how to stir the pot though definitely.

In closing, he is very funny and secretly sweet. His shadow side would be how he can push people's buttons for fun.



That sounds LITERALLY like my little brother, who has a conjuntion of Moon-Jupiter-Uranus in Sagittarius in 9th house.
(I have Sun and ASC in Sag, but noone is as funny as he is. lol)

He is an entertainer and a philosoph and he will pretty much give lectures on every subject he is interested in, which usually have something to do with mental manipulation, the human mind, health, etc.

He gives an air of great independence and like he just knows eVERYTHING, he knows how the world works, or should be working in his opinion. He knows everything about relationships and how he will not become dependent on anybody. He talks and talks and talks, in a charming entertaining way.

But now and then just looking at his eyes, you can see the spark of insecurity and sensitivity.
He is much mroe of a softie than he wants anyone to believe.
And despite claiming he is independent and all, he has been with his girlfriend for 7 years, they even live together.
Of course in the beginning he broke up with her, but then he was sitting around, totally heartbroken, and was just missing her so much, he couldn`t help but reconcile with her. LOL

As I have observed it with Sag-Moons (though I only know men), they are clowns, yes, but if you look closely you can see the uncried tears, the questions in their eyes, and the vulnerability they want to hide so urgently, probably subconsciously remembering the sting of having their hopes dashed, dreams trampled into the ground, ideals ridiculed, enthusiasm frozen and big open heart broken by the "real world".

Probably this is one of the most childlike, equally wise and naive, MOon-position.
But of course they can get really annoying with their: I know it all and I am the funniest, even if I tell crappy jokes, kind of attitude. LOL


EDIT:
BTW my brother doesnT`show affection so overtly, but now and then he just touches your heart.

When he was on a trip last month, he wrote a card to my parents, me and my other brother. And it was so poetic! There was a lot of really good writing style, too. lol
It oozed of marvelling at the wonders of the world and surrounding he was in, and it somehow must have inspired him to express his gratitude to my parents for granting him his existence and happy childhood and endless support and to his family in general.

It is not often that he sais things like these, but if they come out, it always comes like a surprise, born out of the moment and the deep reflectice mood he must have been in.

IP: Logged

peachbeigeblue
Knowflake

Posts: 2633
From:
Registered: Apr 2012

posted April 12, 2013 03:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for peachbeigeblue     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The sag moons I know are all well written. And all seem to push buttons sometimes just for sport.

I really liked the paragraph about uncried tears.

IP: Logged

mockingbird
Knowflake

Posts: 1471
From:
Registered: Dec 2011

posted April 12, 2013 05:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mockingbird     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ceridwen:
He is an entertainer and a philosoph and he will pretty much give lectures on every subject he is interested in, which usually have something to do with mental manipulation, the human mind, health, etc.

That's my husband EXACTLY.
You can ask him about, oh, almost anything, and he'll reply with, "I don't know much about that, but *30 minutes of knowledge*"
That, or 90+ minutes if he does actually "know something" about the subject at hand.

This may be emphasized by his Moon being opp his Sun/Jupiter conj in Gemini.
I joke that his Sun takes it all in and his Moon gives it all back out - and his feelings are a bit hurt if you don't listen.
That gets back to other aspects, though - his Moon is also in the 8th, conj Neptune, and sextile Pluto so he is very obviously sensitive.

But, still, the (endearing) knowledge of everything, the great sense of humor, the tendency to give really great zingers - all still there.

------------------
If I've included this sig, it's because I'm posting from a mobile device.
Please excuse all outrageous typos and confusing auto-corrects.

IP: Logged

Snorkel
Knowflake

Posts: 183
From:
Registered: Mar 2013

posted April 12, 2013 06:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Snorkel     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I don't like Sag Moons one of my exes was one and he just didn't seem to care and would pretty much spout off at the mouth and say anything and didn't really seem all that interested in the effect his words would have on the other person.

In general Sags seem to lack the empathy chip but strangely find that amusing - until they're the one on the receiving end, at which point they get very self-righteous and victim-y and preachy. My younger sister has a gigantic stellium in Sag and she pretty much steamrolls over everyone she interacts with - which is probably why, despite being a beautiful, accomplished, charismatic girl, it appears that the turnover rate in her social life is pretty high.

IP: Logged

libraschoice77
Knowflake

Posts: 770
From: NYC
Registered: Aug 2010

posted April 12, 2013 06:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for libraschoice77     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My husband has a Sag Moon, and like everyone has mentioned has a pretty good sense of humor. But I noticed with him when topics become too serious or problems need to be discussed, he seems to not want to face up to it. Like he trys to avoid it, he goes and looks for something else to focus. He is very positive of a person and dislikes anyone who is remotely negative, he basically ignores them lol. Another thing about him is that he does things without thinking, he will do things in the heat of the moment and then explain why later what he did. But when I do something spur of the moment and something goes wrong, oh boy do I hear about it from him.

The way he expresses his love for me is by taking me to fun places, or surprises with stuff. He isn't out right romantic, and in the beginning of our relationship he had a problem with me being very open with my feelings and being kissey touchy with him. It made him uncomfortable. But now he is use to my love style as I am to his, it's basically compromise in any relationship no matter what sign they are.

IP: Logged

happyaskings
Knowflake

Posts: 242
From:
Registered: Dec 2012

posted April 12, 2013 06:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for happyaskings     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mockingbird:
That's my husband EXACTLY.
You can ask him about, oh, almost anything, and he'll reply with, "I don't know much about that, but *30 minutes of knowledge*"
That, or 90+ minutes if he does actually "know something" about the subject at hand.

This may be emphasized by his Moon being opp his Sun/Jupiter conj in Gemini.
I joke that his Sun takes it all in and his Moon gives it all back out - and his feelings are a bit hurt if you don't listen.
That gets back to other aspects, though - his Moon is also in the 8th, conj Neptune, and sextile Pluto so he is very obviously sensitive.

But, still, the (endearing) knowledge of everything, the great sense of humor, the tendency to give really great zingers - all still there.



Awww, your husband sounds like a cutie pie!

IP: Logged

Snorkel
Knowflake

Posts: 183
From:
Registered: Mar 2013

posted April 12, 2013 06:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Snorkel     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by libraschoice77:
My husband has a Sag Moon, and like everyone has mentioned has a pretty good sense of humor. But I noticed with him when topics become too serious or problems need to be discussed, he seems to not want to face up to it. Like he trys to avoid it, he goes and looks for something else to focus. He is very positive of a person and dislikes anyone who is remotely negative, he basically ignores them lol. Another thing about him is that he does things without thinking, he will do things in the heat of the moment and then explain why later what he did. But when I do something spur of the moment and something goes wrong, oh boy do I hear about it from him.

My ex was this way! He was emo as all hell...but strangely enough he can't handle other people being anything other than up and peppy all the time as sees having the full scope of human emotion as being an inconvience or burden to him and a personality flaw. That was a major factor in why we busted up. His whole bag was that he was after "fun". Anything that wasn't partying and good times he couldn't deal with. To be fair though it may be mitigated a bit by the fact that he has a stellium in Gemini too, so not a whole lot of depth there. He just wants to party...all...the f'in...time lmao. I have Mercury-Pluto and Moon-Pluto so my well runs a little deeper than that.

IP: Logged

hannaramaa
Knowflake

Posts: 4310
From:
Registered: Nov 2011

posted April 12, 2013 06:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for hannaramaa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My friend: Scorpio ASC, Virgo Sun, Sag moon.

Totally believes in her own advice for others, gets very preachy at times. Not to say she isn't wise or caring but I think she lacks being a good listener. She has Venus in Libra I think so she tries hard to keep the peace but that Sag moon will flare up at times when someone tells her "No." LOL. She's very smart, detail-oriented and an excellent BSer. Kind of flaky in her promises (promises really big things that you know she can't deliver but she'll swear she can and then WHOMP there it is... LOL.) Secretly really sensitive but likes to appear calm and breezy. More of a hippy and dislikes negativity.

As a Taurus moon and Sun/Merc/Venus in Aries I don't like negativity either. But I'm realistic, her not so much (but she gets what she wants which I watch closely lol)

ETA: Also she's pretty simplistic in her thinking despite being analytical from her Scorpio ASC and Virgo sun.

IP: Logged

libraschoice77
Knowflake

Posts: 770
From: NYC
Registered: Aug 2010

posted April 12, 2013 06:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for libraschoice77     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snorkel:
My ex was this way! He was emo as all hell...but strangely enough he can't handle other people being anything other than up and peppy all the time as sees having the full scope of human emotion as being an inconvience or burden to him and a personality flaw. That was a major factor in why we busted up. His whole bag was that he was after "fun". Anything that wasn't partying and good times he couldn't deal with. To be fair though it may be mitigated a bit by the fact that he has a stellium in Gemini too, so not a whole lot of depth there. He just wants to party...all...the f'in...time lmao. I have Mercury-Pluto and Moon-Pluto so my well runs a little deeper than that.

Yes things have to be fun or pleasurable for him or he just wants to be left alone lol. I am the same way as you with my Pluto placements, it makes me want to delve into more intense things.

IP: Logged

GemNymph
Knowflake

Posts: 86
From: TX, USA
Registered: Mar 2013

posted April 12, 2013 08:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for GemNymph     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My father was Libra-Sag wih Cancer rising. He liked his kids when we were small, but once we started to grow older and have the kinds of problems kids have growing up, he withdraw from being a father and focused more on his job. He got laid off, and struggled to keep working after that, sinking into depression and drinking. He grew to deeply resent my mother as though she and the children she gave him were shackles. He took very poor care of himself, and ended up being a burden on the family for the last 10 yars of his life, due to poor health directly related to his smoking, drinking and poor diet that he knew would lead to his condition (he had a medical degree).

When he was in the hospital dying, he didn't want me to stay with him, but I couldn't leave my mom alone there with him because he'd just scream and curse at her. He had dementia from advanced COPD, but not all of his abuse at the end was due to his illness. Some of it, I am certain, he meant.

He loved animals, though. He was softie for animals. He never told me he loved me or that he was proud of me ever, but he would call the family dog his "little angel". Ironically, my given name--which I've since changed--which came from his family (his twin sister, in fact), means "angel". He may have named me that but he definitely did not regard me with the kind of affection such a name suggests.

He was a pretty selfish man, honestly. He resented anyone who made demands of him. Lots of people who weren't his family liked him. My disillusional brother, a Leo-Pisces, still adores him. I've had to mourn not so much my father's passing, which was in a way a relief, but not having a father who wanted to be a father.

IP: Logged

Kalilak
Knowflake

Posts: 66
From: The Water World
Registered: May 2011

posted April 13, 2013 12:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kalilak     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well as a Sagittarius moon...when it comes to emotions I think my Pisces sun kinda takes over there and makes me gushy. But I'll nurture in ways that expand the mind. Security is strangely enough freedom. If I'm free to do as I please then I feel safe. If I'm locked into a situation, then I feel very uneasy and am constantly on edge and looking desperately for the closest exit.

IP: Logged

PixieJane
Knowflake

Posts: 2027
From: CA
Registered: Oct 2010

posted April 13, 2013 03:57 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for PixieJane     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peachbeigeblue:
How do they show affection to loved ones? What do they need to feel secure ? Etc

As for me I think my Venus manifests how I express my love, not my moon. But I can say that I can't stand to be smothered, and that I do attribute to my Sag energy (including Moon). IOW, I need freedom, not a shadow, and I like friends and loved ones who have their own lives who meet with me when we can make time in our lives (even combining them, like when I pay my BFF to help me deliver some things). And perhaps it affects most of my signs of affection as being more casual than intense.

And in response to some of the responses I saw, I do have a quirky Sag bit of humor which sometimes results in pranks, though I've only rarely used it for evil (*snerk*) since I was a teenager, and I can't think of a time offhand (at least since I was a teen) that I got especially annoying with it to someone who didn't already dislike me. Not unless you count my following the lead of my Aquarius BFF who led me and others in pranks that doubled as culture jamming and sometimes even public theater (all part of our Discordian Cabal), and even that was like 10 years ago.

IP: Logged

Ceridwen
Knowflake

Posts: 6053
From:
Registered: Jul 2011

posted April 13, 2013 05:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ceridwen     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snorkel:
In general Sags seem to lack the empathy chip but strangely find that amusing

Not true according to my observation.

Oh wait, was true in one case, was not true in two other cases.

(the one case had Sun in Taurus, and Venus and Mars in Gemini, and I just did not like him I guess. lol

In the two other cases, both of them have ASC in Pisces and a Venus-Mars-aspect)

Which just proves again, that first of all it never comes down to one single placement, but the whole chart, and probably also to personal chemistry between people.

IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Standard Time

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Linda-Goodman.com

Copyright 2000-2013

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46a