Lindaland
  For Yellow Wax And The Ants
  Poems inspired by meditation or spiritual moments (Page 1)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Poems inspired by meditation or spiritual moments
Kannon McAfee
Moderator

Posts: 2618
From: Portland, OR - USA
Registered: Oct 2011

posted July 22, 2017 06:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kannon McAfee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Ribbons

Ribbons of smoke rising
seen through slitted eyes
splitting soundlessly, tearing seamlessly
their gray-silver transparence
incense ghosts lines wandering heavenward
folding in and out
mobius strips revolving
around the whimsy of space and time
making their own paths
away from my steps
into my quiet breaths

------------------
The Declinations Guy: precise modern scientific astrology
> Expert birth chart rectification
> Rising Sign Descriptions

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

IP: Logged

Ayelet
Moderator

Posts: 2542
From:
Registered: Sep 2010

posted July 23, 2017 03:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ayelet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I didn't find 'mobius' in the dictionary, but otherwise it has a hypnotic vibe into it.

IP: Logged

Kannon McAfee
Moderator

Posts: 2618
From: Portland, OR - USA
Registered: Oct 2011

posted July 23, 2017 05:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kannon McAfee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Google images for 'mobius strip'

IP: Logged

Ayelet
Moderator

Posts: 2542
From:
Registered: Sep 2010

posted July 23, 2017 11:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ayelet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thank you Kannon, I am reading about it. And I see Mobius was a person...

IP: Logged

mirage29
Knowflake

Posts: 8177
From: us
Registered: May 2012

posted July 25, 2017 01:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mirage29     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Love it! Nice image. I like how you ended it.

Smoking? .. or meditating quietly with incense?

IP: Logged

Pearlty
Moderator

Posts: 1714
From: Ohio
Registered: Jan 2012

posted July 25, 2017 05:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pearlty     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Feels peaceful

IP: Logged

Kannon McAfee
Moderator

Posts: 2618
From: Portland, OR - USA
Registered: Oct 2011

posted July 25, 2017 07:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kannon McAfee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Meditating with Jasmine incense.

Thanks for reading.

------------------
The Declinations Guy: precise modern scientific astrology
> Expert birth chart rectification
> Rising Sign Descriptions

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

IP: Logged

mirage29
Knowflake

Posts: 8177
From: us
Registered: May 2012

posted July 25, 2017 09:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mirage29     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thanks for sharing!

Next time I'm at my metaphysical shop, I'll go sniff the Jasmine incense sticks so I get the full sensory-effects here.

Maybe!.. I'll even get a stick, and burn it WHILE I read your poem??

Why do you use Jasmine?

IP: Logged

Randall
Webmaster

Posts: 83661
From: From a galaxy, far, far away...
Registered: Apr 2009

posted July 26, 2017 12:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randall     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Wow. Just wow.

IP: Logged

Kannon McAfee
Moderator

Posts: 2618
From: Portland, OR - USA
Registered: Oct 2011

posted July 26, 2017 07:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kannon McAfee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mirage29:
Why do you use Jasmine?

My choice of incense is based on either an intuitive feel for which one resonates, or I will literally do a muscle response test of those in my collection (Gonsesh #6, Jasmine, Dragon's Blood, Sandalwood, etc). When I did that recently Jasmine was the strongest.

Jasmine, Sandalwood, and Gonesh #6 are the ones that most often benefit me. #6 is a blend of Jasmine and Sandalwood.

There's a noticeable difference with the incense that works for you. It will help you enter an altered state of focus a lot more easily. Both Jasmine and Sandalwood are very sweet, soothing.

Now Frankincense is really good for people who have trouble focusing. So if you a bit ADD/hyper, try it.

Thanks for the 'wows' Randall

------------------
The Declinations Guy: precise modern scientific astrology
> Expert birth chart rectification
> Rising Sign Descriptions

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

IP: Logged

mirage29
Knowflake

Posts: 8177
From: us
Registered: May 2012

posted July 27, 2017 09:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mirage29     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
It's been ages since I tried Sandalwood.
Sandalwood and Jasmine-- I'll give them a sniff! Thanks.

Glad you've joined us.

Did you see our YW Birthday Calendar?
We'd love to add you, and celebrate your Special Day.

IP: Logged

Kannon McAfee
Moderator

Posts: 2618
From: Portland, OR - USA
Registered: Oct 2011

posted July 29, 2017 05:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kannon McAfee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
A Poem About Walking Meditation

Walking ever so slowly
like sneaking up on the future
like sneaking up on peace
like sneaking up on myself.

How slow can I go?
as slow as my breathing does
This is how I slow down the time I cannot waste on mania, neurosis, fear.

Sneaking up on the future
sneaking up on peace
sneaking up on the self I don't yet know I am.

------------------
The Declinations Guy: precise modern scientific astrology
> Expert birth chart rectification
> Rising Sign Descriptions

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

IP: Logged

Ayelet
Moderator

Posts: 2542
From:
Registered: Sep 2010

posted July 29, 2017 07:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ayelet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Interesting. Can you steal time? Or have a glimpse from what is to be?

IP: Logged

Kannon McAfee
Moderator

Posts: 2618
From: Portland, OR - USA
Registered: Oct 2011

posted July 29, 2017 08:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kannon McAfee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I meditate because ...
the more I meditate the happier I am
I meditate because it creates peace
which creates more happiness
which creates more love.
All that from just sitting.
All that from just walking.
All this from doing nothing.

------------------
The Declinations Guy: precise modern scientific astrology
> Expert birth chart rectification
> Rising Sign Descriptions

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

IP: Logged

Randall
Webmaster

Posts: 83661
From: From a galaxy, far, far away...
Registered: Apr 2009

posted July 30, 2017 07:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randall     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

IP: Logged

Ayelet
Moderator

Posts: 2542
From:
Registered: Sep 2010

posted July 30, 2017 09:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ayelet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kannon McAfee:
I meditate because ...
the more I meditate the happier I am
I meditate because it creates peace
which creates more happiness
which creates more love.
All that from just sitting.
All that from just walking.
All this from doing nothing.




I always felt doing nothing is just as important as doing something... That
you need the void in order to have meaning for what is there.

IP: Logged

Randall
Webmaster

Posts: 83661
From: From a galaxy, far, far away...
Registered: Apr 2009

posted July 31, 2017 05:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randall     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You're an artist, and words are your canvas.

IP: Logged

mirage29
Knowflake

Posts: 8177
From: us
Registered: May 2012

posted July 31, 2017 05:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mirage29     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Excellent, Ayelet!!

You too, Randall... what you said is really poetic.

IP: Logged

Kannon McAfee
Moderator

Posts: 2618
From: Portland, OR - USA
Registered: Oct 2011

posted July 31, 2017 05:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kannon McAfee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This thread is for anyone else too. I'd like to read what you write. Doesn't have to be anything fancy or elaborate, just thoughts inspired by spiritual moments or feelings.

------------------
The Declinations Guy: precise modern scientific astrology
> Expert birth chart rectification
> Rising Sign Descriptions

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

IP: Logged

Pearlty
Moderator

Posts: 1714
From: Ohio
Registered: Jan 2012

posted August 01, 2017 11:25 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pearlty     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kannon McAfee:
[b]A Poem About Walking Meditation

Walking ever so slowly
like sneaking up on the future
like sneaking up on peace
like sneaking up on myself.

How slow can I go?
as slow as my breathing does
This is how I slow down the time I cannot waste on mania, neurosis, fear.

Sneaking up on the future
sneaking up on peace
sneaking up on the self I don't yet know I am.

[/B]


The nature of walking is so self-reflective, this is beautiful.

IP: Logged

Pearlty
Moderator

Posts: 1714
From: Ohio
Registered: Jan 2012

posted August 01, 2017 01:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pearlty     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
* Not mine, but lovely for here I suppose

How I go to the woods

Ordinarily, I go to the woods alone, with not a single
friend, for they are all smilers and talkers and therefore
unsuitable.

I donít really want to be witnessed talking to the catbirds
or hugging the old black oak tree. I have my way of
praying, as you no doubt have yours.

Besides, when I am alone I can become invisible. I can sit
on the top of a dune as motionless as an uprise of weeds,
until the foxes run by unconcerned. I can hear the almost
unhearable sound of the roses singing.

If you have ever gone to the woods with me, I must love
you very much.
~Mary Oliver

IP: Logged

Kannon McAfee
Moderator

Posts: 2618
From: Portland, OR - USA
Registered: Oct 2011

posted August 01, 2017 04:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kannon McAfee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

IP: Logged

Kannon McAfee
Moderator

Posts: 2618
From: Portland, OR - USA
Registered: Oct 2011

posted August 01, 2017 04:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kannon McAfee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
deleted duplicate.

IP: Logged

Kannon McAfee
Moderator

Posts: 2618
From: Portland, OR - USA
Registered: Oct 2011

posted August 01, 2017 04:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kannon McAfee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Drunken Monkeys*

Nine drunken monkeys showed up for class
learned and literate, they chattered about
all the ambitions and insights they had.
They had one job: count to nine while
walking calmly, quietly,
but they chattered on about all they'd learned;
chattering at each other,
at the walls,
at the air,
doodling pictures and pointing,
grasping at straws for sucking at the air,
for blowing paper thought darts at teacher.
I patiently persist day after day.
For all the learning and ideas are useless
if consciousness remains uncoordinated.

---

* "Drunken monkeys" is a term used in Zen to described the chattering of the deliberative mind and its thought streams.

------------------
The Declinations Guy: precise modern scientific astrology
> Expert birth chart rectification
> Rising Sign Descriptions

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

IP: Logged

Pearlty
Moderator

Posts: 1714
From: Ohio
Registered: Jan 2012

posted August 02, 2017 09:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pearlty     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kannon McAfee:
[b]Drunken Monkeys*

Nine drunken monkeys showed up for class
learned and literate, they chattered about
all the ambitions and insights they had.
They had one job: count to nine while
walking calmly, quietly,
but they chattered on about all they'd learned;
chattering at each other,
at the walls,
at the air,
doodling pictures and pointing,
grasping at straws for sucking at the air,
for blowing paper thought darts at teacher.
I patiently persist day after day.
For all the learning and ideas are useless
if consciousness remains uncoordinated.

---

* "Drunken monkeys" is a term used in Zen to described the chattering of the deliberative mind and its thought streams.

[/B]


IP: Logged


This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are Eastern Standard Time

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Linda-Goodman.com

Copyright 2000-2017

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46a